The Archdiocese of Washington requires all employees and volunteers that have contact with children must complete the requirements of the Child Protection policy.
The following is a checklist for you to follow for the process:
- Register for an account at virtus.org. At this time, sign up for a date to attend the Virtus training (Protecting God’s Children for Adults).
- Download, print, and fill out the Volunteer Application (also can be picked up at the school)
- Return the completed Volunteer Application to the school, Attn: Child Protection Coordinator
- Attend a 3 hour course on Child Lures: dates and times of courses can be found on the Virtus website. The Signed Acknowledgement Form and a copy of the Child Protection Certificate issued at the Child Lures Class must be returned to the school. The Acknowledgement Form is attached at the back of the booklet which you will receive at the Child Lures Class.
The above items MUST be completed before fingerprinting can be performed.
You will need to take the Livescan Pre-Registration Application with you when you go to be fingerprinted. With this form you will also need to present:
- Two forms of State Issued Identifications (one must be a Photo ID)
A list of Fingerprinting Centers can be found here. The starred location, Safe Hire Solutions, is a popular one among the Archdiocese Schools and Parishes. These are just a few facilities that perform fingerprinting. If any of these are not convenient, please email the school for more locations. There is a charge for fingerprinting. Please check with the facility of your choosing for cost of service and any other information you may need to bring with you.